My Scraproom

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Pissed off...

Ok i wasn't going to blog til later but i'm in a 'pissed off' funk and hoping writing will help me feel better. I feel unappreciated, put down and torn apart right now and want the anger come out of my body so i can be cheerful again. That's all i'm going to say. Maybe i do need to go out and go grocery shopping to calm down. Maybe there's a new issue of Real Simple to grab!

Today is the usual out to lunch, grocery shopping and deeper cleaning but i told j i'm staying home and sent him off to do it on his own. I think i'll call him after he gets done with whatever he doing.

I've started to do some Hybrid projects!
- A clock with a scrapbook page in it, ( just took it apart and glued it on the background) It's so cute! ( can't post it but will post when i make another one)
also i think i'm going to use that idea for Christmas too

- Name Magnets- in process of making them. Just came up with the idea one day... will post when it's done.

and i have alot of other projects listed too including calendars.

Also i grabbed a Blog in A Box last night and will work on it when i come home. So look out for a new look!

So Dr Phil was talking about School. Here's what i think.

- Teachers with Guns- NO. I mean i understand the purpose of keeping the kids safe, But on the other hand, what if a kid see it in a drawer and pick it up and start playing with it??- So NO

- Lowering the drinking age to 18- WTH? NO! You know how much probs that will cause? i admit my first drink was at 18 tho but it's not worth it.

Hey what's up with not being able to upzip files that has MAC files while unzipping on Vista? Anyone has this prob. I think this is just a conflict between MAC and Vista....

Well TaTa!

8 comments:

DawnMarch said...

I think I'm right there with you on all those issues. Guns in school is just madness. Hope your day gets better, hon!

Traci Reed said...

I hope you feel better soon! I watched that Dr. Phil too...ridiculous!!

Becca said...

Hope you are feeling better! ITA about the guns and drinking age!

And yes I have Vista and can't unzip when there are Mac files. I just drag over the file I need into a new folder. Kind of a pita!

Love the blog you bought! It is one of my favs!!

Heather said...

I love your new blog. It is so pretty. And I am so sorry you are having a bad day. I think guns is school is the stupid. I think 18 is too youg to be able to drink as much as you want. And I do have trouble uszipping MAC files in Vista. Sometimes I just keep saying OK, but sometimes I go to my older laptop with XP and unzip there.

Jennifer said...

I hope you feel better!!! I can't believe it's even a topic for teachers to have guns...I taught for 7 years and NO WAY would I have felt comfortable having a gun in my classroom. Just wow.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Love your new blog. The drinking age was 18 when I was growing up and when I was 18(then they raised it to 19, then to 21) so it's not that big of a deal to me.
I don't agree with teachers having guns in general, but the thing about concealed carry, at least in this state, is you have to carry it on you. You cannot leave it in a drawer or in your purse in a locker. You have to have it concealed on your person. So the odds of kids coming across it are very very low. But, I don't think it is a good idea anyway.
Hope you feel better soon

Shawna said...

Chels i have that issue too with mac/vist... I'll go down into the zipped folder and grab the files themselves... usually that helps.

Hugs! hope you feel better!

Lucrecia said...

I feel ya girl! Maybe I need to blog about mine too since my nap didn't work.

Yes, I get an error when unzipping in Vista, but I can get it to work by saying no to the first conflict and yes to the second. (or vice versa)